TOUCH Youth Intervention (TYI) aims to empower youths to reach their full potential and achieve their emotional and relational wellbeing. It achieves this through youth-oriented, systemic and values-driven counselling approaches in both individual and group settings, which are supported by the Ministry of Social and Family Development. Its area of focus are cyber wellness, mental health and youth issues.
Our team of qualified counsellors and social workers help youths and their families address cyber wellness issues through intervention methods such as:
- Face to face
- Support Groups
- Family Therapy
TYI runs Help123, the National Cyber Wellness one-stop service for youth cyber wellness issues. Youths, parents, educators and schools may reach out to TYI counsellors via email ([email protected]) or hotline (1800 6123123).
Some programmes conducted by TYI include:
- SPARKX: Programme targeting children aged 9-12, identified with behavioural issues & adverse circumstances.
- DigitalMINDSET: An intervention programme targeting youths with excessive device use and poor emotion regulation
About SPARKX and DigitalMINDSET.
The programme aims to increase protective factors that prevents children from engaging in delinquency behaviours in adolescence, through:
- Improve Self-Management by strengthening child’s potential in resiliency, self-efficacy, emotion regulation, social competency, and education aspiration
- Improve Family Relationship by increasing family bonding opportunities, conducting family therapy sessions and parenting workshops.
- Improve School Bonding by exploring child’s education aspiration, enhance academic potential, and broaden child’s engagement in school activities.
DigitalMINDSET is a nine-month programme for youths aged 12-21 who have developed mental health issues from excessive gaming and device use and resulted in:
- School work suffered
- Escapism behaviour
- Risk of relapse due to poor self-management
- Unusually high levels of gaming-related occupation & investment that affects daily functioning (May also be reflected in abnormal levels of irritability/ restlessness when not gaming.)
- Poor emotional issues (anger, depressive symptoms) due to lack of screen time
The programme’s holistic approach not only comprises one-to-one and family counselling sessions, but also group therapy sessions that include activities such as behavioural and personality profiling.
It aims to:
- Cultivate consequential-thinking
- Facilitate problem-awareness
- Motivate youths to seek a holistic balance with various aspects of life
- Facilitate positive interaction patterns between parent/s and child
- Equip emotional regulation, stress-coping & distress tolerance skills
1,386 lives touched in 2019
A new intervention programme, DigitalMINDSET, was launched to help pathological gamers manage their addictive behaviour while keeping their mental health in check.
With the support of Tote Board, TYI launched SPARKX, an intervention programme for children with identified behavioural issues, raised in disadvantaged circumstances.
TOUCH Youth Intervention
Blk 162 Bukit Merah Central, #05-3545, Singapore 150162