Our team of qualified counsellors and social workers help youths and their families address cyber wellness issues through intervention methods such as:
- Face to face
- Support Groups
- Family Therapy
- DigitalActive (a holistic six month intervention programme employing group work, family therapy and individual face-to-face sessions to help youths overcome excessive and negative cyber-related and learn life skills)
TYI runs the National Cyber Wellness Hotline, Help123. Help123 is a one-stop service for youth cyber wellness issues. Youths, parents,educators and school counsellors may reach out to TYI counsellors via online chat, email or phone.
Some programmes conducted by TYI include:
- Enhanced Step Up
- LIT Program / Camp LIT
- Time Out Programme
- After School Engagement
- interSACT (An unconventional buddy system connecting youths with senior citizens: helping youths of this generation build social skills.)
- Upper Room (A mental health support group for youths)
About LIT Programme, Upper Room, and interSACT.
“LIT” is an acronym for Leverage, Ideals, and Tools. This intervention programme targets youths aged 13 to 17 with the following issues:
- Identified as troubled / delinquent
- Behavioural issues (truancy, defiance, gang involvement, etc.)
- Troubled family issues (absent/ abusive parent(s), volatile family environment, etc.)
- No drug issue (excluding smoking/ vaping)
This 12-month programme has a four-pronged strategy which includes assessment, camp LIT, TYI’s evidence-based approach and casework management (through mentoring and therapy sessions).
The programme aims to reduce delinquent behaviours, build relational capacities and diminish under-achievement in youths by increasing their socio-emotional assets.
Upper Room is a support group for youths facing mental health issues. It aims to strengthen these youths by equipping them with positive coping strategies and habits. The Upper Room provides a safe environment for youths to openly share about their mental health issues. Sessions will be conducted by TYI staff and facilitated by volunteers.
interSACT is an unconventional five-week intergenerational buddy system for youths and adults aged 40 and above, to connect and learn life lessons. It aims to:
- Introduce youth-at-risk to alternative positive adult figures whom they may model after.
- Tap on the rich life experiences of older adults, retirees and seniors.
- Connect youths and seniors through conversations on life issues.