Our team of qualified counsellors and social workers help youths and their families address cyber wellness issues through intervention methods such as:
- Face to face
- Support Groups
- Family Therapy
TYI runs Help123, the National Cyber Wellness one-stop service for youth cyber wellness issues. Youths, parents, educators and schools may reach out to TYI counsellors via email ([email protected]) or hotline (1800 6123123).
Some programmes conducted by TYI include:
- LIT Program / Camp LIT
- interSACT (An unconventional buddy system connecting youths with senior citizens: helping youths of this generation build social skills.)
- Do You M.I.N.D.? (A school-based mental health programme)
- Upper Room (A mental health support group for youths)
- DigitalMINDSET (An intervention programme targeting youths with excessive device use and poor emotion regulation)
- SPARKX: (Programme targeting children aged 9-12, identified with behavioural issues & adverse circumstances.)
About LIT Programme, Do You M.I.N.D.?, Upper Room, and interSACT.
“LIT” is an acronym for Leverage, Ideals, and Tools. This intervention programme targets youths aged 13 to 17 with the following issues:
- Identified as troubled / delinquent
- Behavioural issues (truancy, defiance, gang involvement, etc.)
- Troubled family issues (absent/ abusive parent(s), volatile family environment, etc.)
- No drug issue (excluding smoking/ vaping)
This 12-month programme has a four-pronged strategy which includes assessment, camp LIT, TYI’s evidence-based approach and casework management (through mentoring and therapy sessions).
The programme aims to reduce delinquent behaviours, build relational capacities and diminish under-achievement in youths by increasing their socio-emotional assets.
Do You M.I.N.D.?
Do You M.I.N.D.? is a programme by TOUCH that uses innovative approaches such as adventure-based experiential learning and virtual reality immersive experience to equip youths with knowledge to mind their mental health. The practical steps highlighted in the programme are:
M – Moderate stress and expectations for a balanced and healthy lifestyle
I – Include persons with mental health issues in their social circles
N – Notice preliminary signs and symptoms of mental health issues in their peers
D – Defend themselves by adopting positive coping habits
The programme also provides intervention services such as counselling and a support group, Upper Room, to enable youths to manage issues affecting them.
Upper Room is a support group for youths facing mental health issues. It aims to strengthen these youths by equipping them with positive coping strategies and habits. The Upper Room provides a safe environment for youths to openly share about their mental health issues. Sessions will be conducted by TYI staff and facilitated by volunteers.
InterSACt is an intergenerational buddy programme for seniors and youths as they connect and learn life lessons from each other.
The programme is a meaningful experience facilitated by adult volunteers between seniors and youths to fulfil objectives such as:
- Providing the seniors an opportunity to be meaningfully engaged in the community by befriending youths and positively impacting the next generation.
- Fostering an exchange of perspective and reflections on life issues like gratitude, regret, or family, through meaningful and intentional conversations.
- Creating opportunities for youths to appreciate the insights of the life experiences of the generation before them, and for the seniors to understand the perspectives of the new generation.
- Introducing youths to positive adult figures whom they may model after.
- Empowering our beneficiaries (both seniors and youths) to be significant contributors to society.